Dr. Hamid Saffari
Phone: 98-21-77240540-50 Ex:2900-2901
Email: saffari AT iust.ac.ir
I would like to welcome you to mechanical engineering at IUST. Appreciating your time in visiting our site, hope my college's efforts in presenting this information would satisfy you.
Main task of our school is in the development of academic and scientific systems at national and international level –moreover, educating our pupils at theoretical as well as experimental levels based on highest standards of quality education is also our objective.
Through appropriate investment in all aspects necessary for a thriving renowned school of engineering such as ours, it's my sincere hope that suitable environment will be provided for all enthusiastic parties from students to faculty to explore yet undiscovered aspects of education and research in mechanical engineering, and desirably set precedence in scholastic achievements.
It's well deserved to express my utmost gratitude to my respect full colleagues, present and past, faculty, staff and executive branch for providing an excruciatingly positive environment at the school level that offers nothing but progress and growth for all interested participants.
- Job Discription & authority
The CME Head is responsible for the leadership and management of one of the largest and most active colleges in Iran University of Science and Technology. The college enjoys:
- strong undergraduate enrollments, with approximately 400 departmental majors;
- a solid graduate program;
- program support from the university;
- strong ties to regional industry;
- funded faculty research and outreach programs; and
- faculty and staff who are deeply committed to the success of students and the department.
- Leadership and Administrative Duties and Responsibilities : The leadership and administrative duties and responsibilities for the Head of College of Mechanical Engineering include:
- Providing leadership for the development and growth of departmental academic programs, research, scholarship, extension, and external funding;
- Providing leadership for the faculty in curriculum development and management, accreditations, and strategic planning;
- Assisting the University in fulfilling its institutional mission, and helping to achieve the department’s and institution’s strategic plan;
- Developing and implementing effective strategies to recruit and retain diverse undergraduate and graduate students;
- Developing and fostering productive industry/government/department relationships through advisory boards, internships, industrial visits, short courses, and consulting work;
- Working effectively with faculty, staff, students, and administrators across college, and university; and
- Coordinating all departmental administrative and academic functions including hiring, evaluating, and mentoring faculty, and career service personnel, developing and implementing department and institution policies and procedures, and delivering courses.
- Teaching and Advising Duties and Responsibilities : The teaching and advising duties and responsibilities for Head of College of Mechanical Engineering may include:
- Teaching courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level in his/her area of expertise.
- Advising undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Research and Scholarship Duties and Responsibilities : The research and scholarship duties and responsibilities for Head of College of Mechanical Engineering include:
- Enabling the development of departmental infrastructure to increase externally funded research and scholarship
- Developing and disseminating scholarly work; and
- Promoting extant degrees and specializations and developing new ones.
- Service Duties and Responsibilities : All faculty and administrators are expected to contribute to the effective operation of the institution through service work in the form of committees and task forces. They are also expected to actively participate in professional/technical societies.