The School of Mechanical Engineering at Iran University of Science and Technology will be a premier institution for mechanical engineering education and will be internationally recognized in a variety of areas of mechanical engineering research and scholarly work.
The School of Mechanical Engineering will:
- Have a dynamic faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship, creating and transferring knowledge that provide the foundation for new educational programs in areas of emerging technologies
- Respond to current societal needs by developing selected "target research thrusts" which utilize the talent and encompass the aspiration of the faculty and by providing the appropriate research infrastructure supporting our faculty to excel in their field of expertise.
- Offer nationally recognized, integrated, undergraduate/graduate engineering educational programs that tailor a student's learning expertise to her/his professional and career aspirations;
- Have a nationally-recognized undergraduate/graduate academic program, which integrates the student's learning experience co-op internship;
- Maintain state-of-the-art laboratories and facility infrastructure to support the educational and research enterprise.
The mission of the Mechanical Engineering Program is to provide an excellent educational experience for its students. This experience includes an emphasis on the technical, communication, teamwork and life-long learning skills that graduate engineers need to succeed, in both the workplace and society in general. The mechanical engineering program is structured to prepare the graduate for the professional practice of engineering and/or graduate school. The curriculum emphasizes a rigorous treatment of the mathematical and scientific approach to the solution of engineering problems. It provides a coherent set of courses in energy conversion and structures/motion in mechanical systems. The program has been designed across the curriculum and is capped with an integrated design experience in the form of a senior project