Search published articles


Showing 4 results for Iron Oxide

F. Kashaninia, H. Sarpoolaky, A. R. Bagheri, R. Naghizadeh, M. Zamanipour,
Volume 8, Issue 4 (12-2011)
Abstract

Abstract: There have been lots of studies to control the poor hydration resistance of dolomite refractories one of the
most effective solutions has been the addition of magnesia to doloma. Using a co-clinker of magnesia-doloma as a
starting material would provide more homogeneity in the properties of the product and has been published recently.
On the other hand, addition of iron oxide to doloma has been found to increase the hydration resistance. In this paper,
the effect of iron oxide addition on hydration phase analysis and microstructure of two different magnesia- doloma
samples, one with CaO content of 25 wt% and the other one with that of 35 wt% has been investigated. Ten samples
were prepared by pressing followed by firing at 1750 ºC for 3hrs. Results showed that the hydration resistance of the
samples improved by decreasing the CaO content, because CaO is much more prone to hydration comparing to MgO.
Besides, iron oxide addition lead to the formation of iron-containing phases which increased the hydration resistance
of the samples both by capsulating the CaO and MgO grains and by promoting the liquid phase sintering.
M. H. Hemmati, J. Vahdati Khaki, A. Zabett,
Volume 12, Issue 3 (9-2015)
Abstract

The volatile matter of non-coking coal was used for the reduction of hematite in argon atmosphere at nonisothermal condition. A thermal gravimeter furnace enable to use an 80 mm-height crucible was designed for the experiments to measure the weight changes of about 10 grams samples. A two-layered array of coal and alumina and four-layered array of iron oxide, alumina, coal and alumina was used for the devolatilization and reduction experiments, respectively. The net effect of volatile reduction of Fe 2O3was determined and it was observe that 45% reduction has been achieved. Three distinct regions were recognized on the reduction curve. The reduction of hematite to magnetite could be completely distinguished from the two other regions on the reduction curve. At 600-950°C, the reduction was accelerated. 63% of volatile matter resulted in 25% of total reduction before 600°C while the remaining volatile matter contributed to 75% of the total reduction. From the reduction rate diagram, the stepwise reduction of the iron oxides could be concluded. The partial overlap of the reduction steps were identified through the XRD studies. The starting temperature of magnetite and wüstite reduction were determined at about 585°C and at 810°C, respectively.
M. R. Khorram, M. R. Shishesaz, Iman Danaee, D. Zaarei,
Volume 13, Issue 1 (3-2016)
Abstract

The micro layers micaceous iron oxide and nano-TiO 2 were incorporated into the epoxy resin by mechanical mixing and sonication process. Optical micrographs showed that the number and diameter size of nanoparticle agglomerates were decreased by sonication. The structure and composition of the nanocomposite was determined using transmission electron microscopy which showed the presence of dispersed nano-TiO 2 in the polymer matrix. The anticorrosive properties of the synthesized nano-composites coating were investigated using salt spray, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and polarization measurement. The EIS results showed that coating resistance increased by addition of micaceous iron oxide micro layers and nano-TiO 2 particles to the epoxy coatings. It was observed that higher corrosion protection of nanocomposite coatings obtained by the addition of 3 %wt micaceous iron oxide and 4%wt nano-TiO 2 into epoxy resin.

AWT IMAGE


T. Mandal, D. Roy,
Volume 17, Issue 1 (3-2020)
Abstract

Magnetic iron oxide nanomaterials (MIONs) have been extensively investigated for the various important applications. Coprecipitation, hydrothermal, high temperature decomposition of organic precursors, microemulsions, polyol methods, electrochemical methods, aerosol method, sonolysis and green synthesis processes for the fabrication of MIONs have been reviewed. Different characterization methods like XRD, SEM, EDX and TEM for the as prepared MION materials have been studied. Important applications of MIONs in the field of biomedical, nanorobotics and energy devices have also been addressed in this review. Target oriented drug delivery and hyperthermia applications of MIONs have also focused


Page 1 from 1     

© 2022 All Rights Reserved | Iranian Journal of Materials Science and Engineering

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb