Post Graduate Diploma in Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation for Urban Planning and Management
- Relevant Course works: Advanced GIS Applications, Remote Sensing, Spatial Analytics Techniques, Data Gathering and Information Supply, Urban Indicators and Monitoring
- Neighborhood Deprivation in Enschede-Application of Geo-tagged Social Media Indicator
- Development of the Netwerkstad Twente region until 2040
·Identifying Informal Settlements of Cebu City by Spatial Modelling
- Relevant Course works: Regional economics, Quantitative research, Statistics, Strategic Planning, Environmental risks and potentials
- Resilience assessment of comprehensive master plan study on urban seismic disaster prevention and management for the greater Tehran area
- Strategic planning for Tehran’s public transportation using SWOT analysis
·Urban heat island effect: Theory & Practice
Major Research Project:
- Sustainable Development Assessment of Northern Tehran Suburbs Case Study: Shemiranat County
University of Mazandaran (UMZ), Iran 2007-2011
Bachelor of Science in Urban Studies
- Environmental Assessment of Tehran City based on Green City Indicators
Green Entrepreneurship, Sustainable communities, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Environmental Management, Environmental Economics, Environmental policy, Sustainable Economy, Environmental Sustainability, Social Innovation, Social entrepreneurship.
Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST)— Teacher Assistant
Masters: Regional Planning Studio 1 Sep 2013–Dec 2013
Regional Planning Studio 2 Sep 2014–Dec 2014
University of Mazandaran— Instructor
Bachelor: GIS Applications in Urban Planning Sep 2009–Dec 2010
Urban Studies Studio Sep 2008–Dec 2008
PRESENTATIONS & WORKSHOPS
- Neighborhood Deprivation Assessment —Geographical Analysis Through Geo-tagged Instagram Posts
14th International Conference on Urban Health, Poster presentation, 2017, University of Coimbra, Portugal.
- Neighbourhood Deprivation Assessment in Enschede —Application of Geo-tagged Social Media Indicator
Interdisciplinary workshop for Erasmus Mundus Action 2 scholarship holders (EMA), Oral presentation, 2017, University of Warsaw, Poland.
- Sustainable Development Assessment of Northern Tehran Suburbs
New Approaches and Advanced Methodology of Research in Urbanism and Architecture, 2015, Oral presentation, Iran University of Science and Technology.
- Regional Network Strategy; a Pattern for Sustainable Corridor Region Development
First national conference on Sustainable Urban Development, Poster presentation, 2010, University of Tehran.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Erasmus Mundus Fellowship, European Commission, 2014
- Bloustein Excellence Scholarship in Urban Planning, Rutgers University, 2014
- Azad University (IAU), Ranked 1st among 3000 participants in Nationwide Entrance Exam for Master’s level, 2012
- Tehran International Award, Tehran Municipality, 2012
Urban Planner —Rah-Shahr International Group Sep 2015–Jun 2016
- Compiled and synthesized information from various planning policies, statistical information, professional journals and annual reports using labour market data for inclusion in end-result reports
- Assisted in analysis and reporting of trends and technical assessments tailored to client needs and expectations
- Developed and presented the research and analytical reports for internal review and submission to clients using Microsoft Visio
- Liaised with sub-consultants and clients to secure bids
- Conducted presentations to stakeholders, clients, and members of public in the community regarding landuse plans
- Reviewed, interpreted, and supported planning policy and zoning information during the preparation of development applications
Environmental Analyst — University of Tehran Feb 2013–Sep 2013
- Conducted research, using a variety of statistical methodologies and data sources for a resource management project.
- Reviewed and interpreted maps, aerial photos, census data, and field investigation reports for environmental assessment
- Input, organized, queried and maintained environment-related data base obtained from Open Street Maps
- Prepared draft planning and site assessment reports.
- Mapped environmental indicators for inclusion in official plan reports using QGIS to support visuals.
- Analyzed, presented, and experimented results at weekly reports and group meetings.
Planning Assistant — Mazand-Tarh Consultant Engineers Jan 2012–Jan 2013
- Analyzed and summarized policy documents, zoning-by-laws and background studies.
- Developed a detailed list of intra-departmental projects, and proposal writing for new projects.
- Scheduled projects including timeline, deliverables and planning using MSP (Gantt Charts).
- Prepared, designed and edited planning drawings using CAD software.
- Utilized GIS and Microsoft Office programs to provide data-driven analysis for planning studies.
- Prepared graphic deliverables to convey planning concepts using Adobe creative suits.
- Communicated and collaborated with public officials, community members, and other groups regarding development. plans
- Planning Process: Problem framing, Goal establishment, Objective formulation, Project Design, Baseline Analysis, and Stakeholder Analysis
- Data techniques: Data gathering, data base preparation, sampling (random, non-random), survey research, data aggregation, data reduction and factor analysis, cluster analysis, standardization, Correlation and Regression
- Statistics: Descriptive Statistics, Multivariate statistical methods, Probability Distribution interpretation, Statistical inference
- Land use Planning: Site assessment, zoning-by-law, Suitability Analysis, Site selection
- Assessment techniques: EAs, Multi criteria Analysis (MCE), Alternative evaluation
- Mapping: Digitizing, thematic mapping, QGIS, participatory mapping, data mapping
- Public Relations: Technical report writing, Graphic production, layout, Multi-tasking, project coordination, public speaking, relationship building, written communications
- Software application: ArcGIS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher), SPSS, Adobe Creative Suite(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Auto CAD, Sketch up
VOLUNTEER & LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
Communication Relation coordinator, Toronto —Tirgan Festival Jan 2017– Jul 2017
- Planned and executed of events including panels and public meetings
- Secured partners revenue and coordinated partnership fulfillment
- Maintained and updated divisional internal and external webpage content
- Negotiated collaboration and sponsorship opportunities with various organizations through email marketing
- Monitored and prepared social media messaging according to social media policy
- Presented market research findings reports through active communication in local community group discussion s
- Coordinated, communicated and trained new volunteers in public relations sub-divisions
Project Leader, Toronto — Crowd Sourcing Week (CSW) Sep 2016– Mar 2017
- Assisted in connecting and introducing CSW to local and regional innovation hubs, corporations and other agencies
- Gathered local and regional players data based on different parts of the crowd economy landscape
- Led crowd expeditions and delegations from community to CSW main conferences including workshops and corporate summits
- Actively participated in meetings with global ambassadors on Slack.com on a monthly basis
- Supported CSW local community by answering inquiries, and sharing information on crowd economy
- Cities and the Challenge of Sustainable Development–SDG Academy (MOOC platform), 2018
- Toastmasters International– Thornhill club, 2017
- Aga Khan Musuem of Toronto (AKM), Event photographer, 2016, Toronto
- Tedx Toronto, Delegate applicant, 2016, Toronto
- Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Distinguished content contributor, 2016, Tehran
- Iranian Network at University of Twente (IrNUT), Board member, 2015, Enschede
- University of Twente, Internationalization project team, 2014, Enschede.
- Engineering Analysis of Spatial Arrangement Factors (EASAF) Research Laboratory of Iran University of Science and Technology, Associate member and guest researcher, 2014, Tehran
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Photography, Personal Branding, Reading Books, Documentaries, Coaching, Public Speaking.