There are three specialized laboratories in the Center including the Renewable Energy Laboratory, Energy management Laboratory, and Energy Systems Laboratory. These laboratories are equiped with the instruments necessary for research student projects at Master and Ph.D. levels.
1- Renewable Energy Research Laboratory: Fuel Cell Section
Green Research Center (GRC)
Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST)
To build up the technical capacity in the area of Fuel Cell so that the GRC can play the role of the technical-expert organization in this area for the Iranian society in the near future.
Development of advanced electrochemical methods for treatment of wastewaters
Green fuel production: Hydrogen, biofuel,…
Equipment and Instrumentation
Fuel cell test stand with flow controllers and instrumentations
Fuel Cell Components - membrane electrode assembly, gas diffusion layer, and flow field plates
High Pressure Reactor
General equipments: Programmable high temperature Furnace, Vacuum Oven, Ultrasonic Homogenizer, Mechanical mixer, Digital PH meter, Centrifuge,….
The hydrothermal synthesis of Pt/C nanocomposites for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells (PEMFCs )
Fabrication of the Non-Flourinated Nanocomposite Proton Exchange Membrane as a Substitute for the Nafion in PEM Fuel Cells
Synthesis and Characterization of Nafion-Oxide Nanocomposite Membrane for High Temperature Fuel Cell Application
Synthesis and physical/electrochemical characterization of Pt/C nanocatalyst for polymer electrolyte fuel cells
Application of nano material in gas diffusion layers for proton exchange membrane fuel cell
Castor oil transesterification reaction: A kinetic study and optimization of parameters
Modeling the dynamic characteristics of PEM Fuel cell
The application of electrochemical technology to the wastewater treatment
Technical, economical and environmental investigation of micro-generation systems based on fuel cells
multi-objective optimization PEM fuel cell systems
Dr. S. Rowshanzamir - Assistant Professor
In Ph.D. program
S. J. Peighambardoust
T. Eshagh Nimvar
M. Zahedi n ezhad
S. M. Sharifi.Asl
In MS program
1. Rowshanzamir, S., Kazemini, M. and Kabiri Isfahani, M. (1998), Mass balance and water management for hydrogen - air fuel cells of the alkaline matrix type . Int. J . Hydrogen Energy , 23 (6), 1499-506
2. Rowshanzamir, S and Kazemini, M. A new immobilized - alkali H2 / O2 Fuel cell. J. Power Sources, 88(2000) 262-268
3. Amirinejad, M., Rowshanzamir, S., Eikani, M.H., Effects of operating parameters on performance of a proton exchange membrane fuel cell. J. of Power Sources, 161(2), 872-875, 2006.
4. M. Zahedi nezhad, S. Rowshanzamir , M. H. Eikani, Autothermal reforming of methane to synthesis gas: modeling and simulation, Int. J . Hydrogen Energy, 3 4 (2009) 1292 – 1300.
5. Eikani, M.H. and Rowshanzamir, S., Synthesis gas from natural gas by noncatalytic partial oxidation. International Journal of Engineering Science, Iran University of Science and Technology, 15(1), 57-67, 2004.
6. S. Rowshanzamir, Mohammad H. Eikani, M. Khoshnoodi, T. Eshagh Nimvar, “ A parametric study of the PEM fuel cell cathode“,IUST International Journal of Engineering Science, accepted.
2- Energy management Laboratory
3- Energy Systems Laboratory
In this laboratory, with utilizing professional energy auditing equipments, energy auditing and management is performed in buildings and industry. The auditing equipments are categorized as follows:
1- Temperature and Humidity data loggers
2- Fluids and stock flow gas analysis equipments
3- Combustion efficiency analyzer
4- Exhaust gas analyzer
In this laboratory, after data logging and energy auditing from a building or industry, by utilizing specialized computer programming, the optimal methods and technologies which help in energy saving is introduced which will be economically advisable.