November 11, 2008 -
About IUST's School of Electrical Engineering: IUST's School of Electrical Engineering was established in 1928. Since 1972, the department has graduated 5639 B.Sc, 1684 M.Sc, and 91 Ph.D students. Currently, the School of Electrical Engineering is situated in two separate buildings, the “old” and the “new”. The "old" site contains a library with over 8000 books, journals and 2500 dissertations, a computer lab with over 100 active and running computers connected together through two local networks, and more than 40 active research laboratories; the “new” site, also referred to as the main EE building, is made up of classrooms, faculty and staff offices, and an auditorium. The two buildings have an area of about 12,800 square meters.Currently this college has 51 faculty members- 7 professors, 24 associate professors, 17 assistant professors, and 3 lecturers. The School of Electrical Engineering offers degrees in the following fields: Electronics, Communication, Power, Control, Bioelectrical Engineering, and Secure Communication. In 2006, the School of Electrical Engineering was recognized by Iran’s Ministry of Science, Research and Technology as the center of excellence in automation and power systems applications. With help and cooperation of the School of Electric Engineering faculty, IUST pioneered the first Iranian Electronic Research Center, and established a number of specialized research groups. The School of Electric Engineering has an ongoing scientific cooperation with Moscow's International center on Power Engineering, France's research center on Electronic and Microelectronic Engineering, and England's Northumbria University.