Iran University of science and technology started its activities under the title High Art House in 1941 through 5 fields of Electricity, Chemistry, Architecture, Industrial Dyeing and Machinery.
The fields were restructured academically and reorganized at the end of these periods. The Ministry of Science and Higher education approved the institution's Science section (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Language, Literature and Humanities) in 1970. In the new university structure, the chemistry group set to began its activities in the Science section, and was renamed Chemical Engineering in 1975. This group continued his activities as an independent college of Chemical Engineering in 2 groups of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering in 1985.
Since 1996, the Chemistry section began accepting M.A. students in the fields of Inorganic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry. Finally, in 2002, the College of Chemistry was established by obtaining the basic license from the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. At present, this college has M.A. and P.h.D students studying in the fields of Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry.