The main mission of IUST's office of postgraduate studies is training professional and efficient manpower in the highest academic levels, through the following procedures:
- Optimizing the quality of the education system, and promoting the quality of research and study programs
- Using up to date scientific sources
- Utilizing training aids and facilities and advanced research facilities
- Promoting faculty capabilities
- Creating an environment for scientific and research cooperation with industrial centers
- Creating grounds for active participation of students in creditable scientific gatherings
Perspectives of IUST's office of postgraduate studies include:
- Being a pioneer in science production
- Performing exclusive postgraduate study programs by utilizing the most advanced science and research capacities
- Enjoying the cooperation of prominent faculty members
- Administering higher advanced education system.
Based on its convictions and values, the Islamic republic of Iran is committed to provide opportunities for the human spiritual growth, and flourish productive innovations in communities by acquiring and implementing its enlightenment task in which universities play a fundamental role. Accordingly IUST's office of post graduate studies, as one of the conductors of higher academic levels, this office attempts to further improve an active and dynamic research and education environment that relies on Islamic values and humane moral virtues.