Center of Excellence for Ceramics in Energy and Environment (CECEE) is an Iranian national research center. The Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, established the center in the year 2012. Sustainable infrastructure development is essential for the economic growth and well-being of humanity.IUST intends to provide solutions to the acute problems that human kind isfacing due to the gradual depletion of the earth's fossil fuel resources. Exploring the role of renewable energy in urban and rural infrastructure development is the central theme. IUST is located in north east of Tehran, the capital city of Iran. Utilization and waste minimization of energy to generate or recover power is one of the primary objectives of this Center. IUST has earmarked a largeland on its permanent campus for creating a cluster of R&D labs for research. Currently Masters and Ph.D programs in Energy have commenced since July 2011. The aim of the center is to further the scientific/technological development in all the major areas of energy and environment with an emphasis on water purification and desalination. The general objectives of the center are: To take up research projects in the area of the renewable energy and to keep the Islamic Republic of Iran at the cutting edge of the technologies related to application of ceramics in energy and environment To enhance Islamic Republic of Iran’s image as a responsible user of energy and a promoter of clean energy To help nucleate new industries that caters to the market of the energy and environment.
Main aim of center forenergy and environment is to investigate alternate environmental friendly energy sources and develop technology to make these means economically viable.
Mission of the Centre:
- To develop facilities for research and development in the area of energy and environment
- To enable innovations in science and technology in the interdisciplinary areas of energy and environment
- To provide quality education through regular educational programs (such as M.Tech., Ph.D.) and short term programs (with duration 1 week, 2 week, month), for providing trained manpower to industry
- To promote education and awareness related to energy and environment by becoming a nodal center for Ceramics in Iran.
- To develop testing and standardization methods/protocols for equipment and devices related to energy and environment
- To showcase successful renewable energy technologies and energy efficiency
- To showcase clean/environment friendly technologies
- To contribute to grass-root level research and deployment in the field of energy and environment
- To collaborate with other active research centers in the region & world
Dr. A. R. Mirhabibi
Head of Center of Excellence for Ceramic Materials in Energy and
Environment Applications (IUST).
Visiting Professor in Institute for Materials Research (IMR), Leeds
Assoc. Prof. of Materials in Iran University of Science and Technology
Mobile: +98912 3250879
P.O.Box 16845-118, Tehran, Iran.