| | Post date: 2014/04/27 |
1- Faculty profile
Family Name: Abolhassani
First Name: Bahman
Title: Associate Professor
Email : abolhassani (At) iust.ac.ir
2- Higher Education
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Electrical Eng., University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 2002.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Electrical Eng., University of Saskatchewan, Canada, 1995.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Communication Eng., Tarbiat Modarres University, Iran, 1988.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Electrical Eng., Iran University of Science and Technology, 1980.
Mobile Communications, Spread Spectruiom and CDMA, Cognitive Radio Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks, Green Communications, Optimization and Resurce Allocation in Large Systems.
4- Taught Couses
Graduate Courses: Wireless Mobile Comunications, Spread Spectrum, Wireless Sensor Networks, Cognitive Radio Networks.
Undergrduate Courses: Signals and Systems, Communication Systems I, Communication Systems II, Electronics I and II, Circuit Analysis I, Measurement and Instrumentation.
Undergraduate Labs: Circuit and Measurement, Electronics I and II, Communication Circuits.
5- Research and Industrial Projects:
Frequency Synthesizer in VHF band with less than 1 KHz steps.
Tunable High Q Band Pass Filter.
RF Power Amplifier in VHF band with low out of band spurious.
RF Radio Scanner in VHF and UHF bands.
Industrial Measurement Lab for Electrical Engineers working in thermal power plants.
Wireless LAN for large Business and or Commercial Buildings.
Computer Simulation of diffferent wireless communication systems.
6- Journal Papers :
Bahman Abolhassani, J. Eric Salt, and David E. Dodds, “A two-phase genetic k-means algorithm for placement of radioports in cellular networks,” IEEE Transactions on Sybernetics- Part-B: Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol. 34, No. 1, PP. 533-538, February 2004. (USA)
Bahman Abolhassani, J. Eric Salt, David E. Dodds, “Two algorithms for placement of radiports in cellular networks,” Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (CJECE), Vol. 27, No. 2, April 2002. (Canada)
Bahman Abolhassani, Mohammad Khalaj-Amirhosseini, “A high Q time-variant bandpass filter,” Iranian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJEE), Vol. 5, No. 1, PP. 24-28, 2006.
Mahani, Ali Khayatzadeh; Rashvand, H. F.; Teymouri, E.; Naderi, M., Abolhassani, B., “ Wireless mesh networks channel reservation: modeling and delay analysis,” IET- Communications, Vol. 3, No. 5, PP. 772-783, 2009. (England)
S. Ghavami and B. Abolhassani, "On the performance of blind chip rate estimation in multirate CDMA transmissions using multirate sampling in slow flat fading channels," Journal of wireless Sensor Network, Vol 1. No. 2, PP. 68-75, July 2009. (Japan)
S. Ghavami, M. M. Feghhi, B. Abolhassani, “Performance Analysis of Downlink MIMO WCDMA Systems Using Antenna Selection in Transmitter and MRC plus LDD in Receiver over Correlated Nakagami-Fading Channels,” Journal of wireless Sensor Network, Vol 2. No. 7, PP. 555-561, July 2010. (Japan)
S. Ghavami, V.T. Vakili and B. Abolhassani "Blind Identification and Synchronization of Unequal Power Users on CDMA Systems Based on Eigenvalues Variations in Slow Flat Fading Channels," International Journal of Electronic and Communication (AEÜE), Elsevier, Vol. 64, pp 697-709, August 2010. (Germany)
S. Ghavami, B. Abolhassani, "Effects of Non-ideal Pre-distorter High Power Amplifiers in WCDMA Using Multi-user Detectors", Iranian journal of electronic and electrical engineering (IJEEE), Vol. 6, No. 3, PP. 149-155, September 2010. (Iran)
9. S. Ghavami and B. Abolhassani, “Spectrum Sensing and Power/Rate Control for CDMA Cognitive Radio Networks,” International Journal of Communication Systems (IJCS), John Wiley & Sons publication, Vol. 25, No. 2, PP. 121-145, February 2012.
10. S. Ghavsami, B. Abolhassani, "A New Practical Interference Mitigation Scheme for Interference Cognitive Radio Networks," International Journal of Communication Systems (IJCS), John Wiley & Sons publication, doi: 10.1002/dac.2339, March 2012.
11. S. Ghavami, B. Abolhassani, "Performance Analysis of ZF Precoder and Extended Joint Channel Estimation Method in Downlink CDMA with HPA", Iranian Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IJEEE), Vol. 9, No. 1, PP. 1-12, March 2013.
12. Farhad Tavassoli, Bahman Abolhassani, Homayoon Oraizi and Chi Zhou, “Three novel simple beamforming algorithms for CDMA communication systems,” International Journal of Communication Systems (IJCS), John Wiley & Sons publication, May 2012. (USA)
13. Seyed Eman Mahmoodi and Bahman Abolhassani, “Two new power allocation schemes for an OFDM cognitive radio with no knowledge on primary users’ interference,” International Journal of Communication Systems (IJCS), John Wiley & Sons publication, October 2012. (USA)
14. Saeid Balaneshin Kordan, Bahman Abolhassani, “A novel Blind spectrum sensing for cognitive radio systems based on algorithmic information theory,” International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, Vol. 3, No. 3, PP. 19-26, June 2011. (Iran)
15. Hadi Jamali Rad, Bahman Abolhassani, Mohammad Abdizadeh, “Lifetime optimization via network sectoring in cooperative wireless sensor network,” Journal of wireless Sensor Network, Vol 3. No. 1, PP. 905-909, January 2011. (Japan)
16. Ehsan Moeen Taghavi, Bahman Abolhassani, “A two step secure spectrum sensing algorithm using fuzzy logic for cognitive radio networks,” Int. J. Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS), Vol. 4, PP. 507-513, August 2011. (Japan)
17. Mohammad Bigdeli, Bahman Abolhassani, “A novel cooperative spectrum sharing algorithm based on optimal cognitive radio user selection,” Int. J. Communications, Network and System Sciences (IJCNS), Vol. 5, PP. 7-16, January 2012. (Japan)
18. Reza Shahbazian, Bahman Abolhassani, “ A new efficient symbol timing synchronization scheme for MB-OFDM UWB systems,” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), Vol. 9, No. 9, PP. 23-28, September 2011. (Japan)
19. Hadi Jamali Rad, Bahman Abolhassani, Mohammad Abdizadeh, “Mathematical Analysis of Optimal Tracking Interval Management for Power Efficient Target Tracking Wireless Sensor Networks,” Iranian Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IJEEE), Vol. 8, No. 3, PP. 195-205, September 2012.
20. Ehsan Moeen Taghavi, Bahman Abolhassani, “Trustworthy Node Detection in Cognitive Radio in Hostile Environments,” International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering (IJIEE), Vol. 3, No. 2, PP. 132-135, March 2013. (Singapur)
21. Seyed Eman Mahmoodi, Bahman Abolhassani, “LDPC-Coded OFDM Transmission Based on Adaptive Power Weights in Cognitive Radio Systems,” (IJCNS), Vol. 4, PP. 761-769, November 2011. (Japan)
7- Confrence papers:
More than 80 papers have been published in international conferences.
9- Professional Activities
10- Technical Report :
11- Postgraduate Projects:
12- Honors, Recognition and Outstanding Achievements for Teaching and Research:
13- Research Labs:
Wireless Communication Research Lab: In this lab, graduate students working under my supervision do their research.
|View: 3753 Time(s) | Print: 685 Time(s) | Email: 12 Time(s) | 0 Comment(s)