Radar Cross Section
Perform a standardized test IEEE std 1502
With respect of setting up the radar cross-sectional measurement room at the Advanced Electromagnetic Lab, the Research Institute is able to provide RCS testing services for various types of scale models, composite structures, standard structures as well as complex objects in accordance with the requirements stated in IEEE std 1502 standard and CMI®TR-30 measurement software.
RCS Test Setup
Test setup to measure the radar cross section in
the anechoic chamber
The measurements performed in this laboratory are based on the methods used in the IEEE std 1502 standard. As with the stimulation of the VNA resources in the laboratory and observing the actual behavior of the object's behavior during a swing, located approximately 6 meters from the antennas, the results are recorded using the radar cross section measurement software. The RCS test range for Antenna, Radome and RCS measurements is designed under plane-wave conditions. Stand test is a measure of the radar cross section of the targets in a straightforward manner. Given that the possibility of direct radiation causes real-time measurements to be made for frequencies below 2GHz, so there will be an error for low frequencies.
In order to provide the necessary scientific and practical background in this field, qualified experts are setting up the following services for employers.
- Types of holder and base with low radar cross-section
- Types of electromechanical systems such as TUT1000-TUT2000, three-axis linear scanner DS1000
- Types of RCS measurements such as metal spools, reflectors, metal reference plates
- Types of software and trigger systems, such as intelligent monitoring system with the ability to measure distances and rotations in all spatial coordinates with video capability of objects
The laboratory provides radar cross section measurement services with the following technical specifications:
- Frequency range from 2 GHz to 18 GHz with 10 MHz steps.
- Provide 1D, 2D and 3D charts of radar cross section patterns under test.
- Provides test service with standard resolution and high resolution according to the need and choice of the employer.
- Measuring the near field to the advanced plate method and applying the near field to the far field to measure the RCS of the large-dimensional test structures
- Extract RCS critical points in different structures and provide relevant graphs in 2D and 3D modes
- Measure the reduction of RCS by comparing with the original sample and the coated sample or comparing with the simulation results
- Provide optimal and intelligent solutions and analyzes needed to better reduce the amount of RCS in different structures
Test setup of radar cross section measurement
- Radar cross section measurements in the far field
- Radar cross section measurement in near field
- Measurement of reduction of radar cross section in the near field
- Measurement of reduction of radar cross section in the large distance
- Identify critical points
In order to improve the service delivery of the tests to the employers, results can be tracked based on ordering. According to the needs of the users, the test results are presented in 2D and 3D format and in standard laboratory formats (jpg, pdf, png) ready for delivery to customers.