Dean of the Istanbul Technical University visited the School of Railway Engineering
A Delegation headed by Prof Suleyman Tanyolac dean of the School of Engineering and Professor Ilhan Kocaarslan, Director of the Automation Railway Energy (ARE) Research Center of Istanbul University visited the School of Railway Engineering on June 8, 2014.
The delegation was invited by the Center of Excellence for Railway Transportation with the aim of promoting scientific and international relations of the School. The program was included visiting the laboratories of the School, sessions with the board of directors, and core members of the Center, and presenting lectures.
In this session the followings were agreed upon:
- Holding of a joint international conference on railway transportation as : International Congress on advanced railway engineering in February- March 2015,
- Expanding the scientific and international cooperation between the two departments
- Joint cooperation with the Center of Excellence of Railway Transportation of IUST on accomplishment of international research projects (ECO- Islamic Development Bank,…..) on railway transportation
- Cooperating in defining joint research railway projects capable of implementation in the Country’s railway
- Applying the Turkish experiences in the Iranian high speed railway project