Dr Alireza Zahedi
School of Advanced Technologies
Iran University of Science and Technology
Tel: 0098 21 73225837
- Renewable energy systems and environment
- Nonopolymeric and nanocomposite systems
- Polymer synthesis
- PhD, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2012.
- MSC, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2007.
- BSC, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2004.
- Faculty of the School of New Technologies, Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran, 2013
- Researcher of Energy and Environment Research Center, Research Institute of Petroleum Industry, 2009-2011.
- Researcher of the Institute of Polymer Science and Technology, Research Institute of Petroleum Industry, 2007-2009.
- Researcher of Costumer-oriented Research and Development Group, Research & Technology Company, National Petrochemical Company, 2002-2005.
Some Teaching Experiences
- Applied Mathematics
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Energy Modeling
- Process Engineering
- Environmental Effects of Energy Systems
- Decontamination Techniques
Recent Articles (ISI)
- Tafavogh M., & Zahedi A. (2021). Design and production of a novel encapsulated nano phase change materials to improve thermal efficiency of a quintuple renewable geothermal/hydro/biomass/solar/wind hybrid system. Renewable Energy, 169, 358-378.
- Zahedi, AR., Labbafi S., Ghaffarinezhad A., & Habibi K., (2020). Design, construction and performance of a quintuple renewable hybrid system of wind/geothermal/biomass/solar/hydro plus fuel cell. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 46, 62.6-6224.
- Taheri, P., & Zahedi, A. R. (2020). Techno-economic analysis of a renewable quadruple hybrid system for efficient water/biofuel production. Solar Energy, 211, 1053-1069.
- Zahedi, AR., & Mirnezami, S. A., (2020). Experimental analysis of biomass to biodiesel conversion using a novel renewable combined cycle system. Renewable energy, 162, 1177-1194.
- Mirnezami, S. A., Zahedi, AR., & Shayan nezhad A. (2020). Thermal optimization of a novel solar/hydro/biomass hybrid renewable system for production of low-cost, high-yield, and environmental-friendly biodiesel. Energy, 2020.117562.
- Razavi, S. H., Ahmadi, R., & Zahedi, A. (2018). Modeling, simulation and dynamic control of solar assisted ground source heat pump to provide heating load and DHW. Applied Thermal Engineering, 129, 127-144.
- Nejad, A. S., & Zahedi, A. R. (2018). Optimization of biodiesel production as a clean fuel for thermal power plants using renewable energy source. Renewable energy, 119, 365-374.
- Amirkhalili, S. A., & Zahedi, A. R. (2018). Techno‐economic Analysis of a Stand‐alone Hybrid Wind/Fuel Cell Microgrid System: A Case Study in Kouhin Region in Qazvin. Fuel Cells, 18(4), 551-560.
- Zahedi, A., Timasi, H., Kasaeian, A., & Mirnezami, S. A. (2019). Design and construction of a new dual CHP-type renewable energy power plant based on an improved parabolic trough solar collector and a biofuel generator. Renewable energy, 135, 485-495.
- Mamaghani, K. R., Naghib, S. M., Zahedi, A., Rahmanian, M., & Mozafari, M. (2018). GelMa/PEGDA containing graphene oxide as an IPN hydrogel with superior mechanical performance. Materials Today: Proceedings, 5(7), 15790-15799.
- Esmaeeli, A., Ghaffarinejad, A., Zahedi, A., & Vahidi, O. (2018). Copper oxide-polyaniline nanofiber modified fluorine doped tin oxide (FTO) electrode as non-enzymatic glucose sensor. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 266, 294-301.
- Rahmanifard, R., Katebi, F., Zahedi, A. R., & Gholipour-Peyvandi, R. (2018). Synthesis and development of a vinyltoluene-based plastic scintillator. Journal of Luminescence, 194, 456-460.
- Rezaei, F., & Zahedi, A. R. (2015). Performance of the polyurethane-matrix nanocomposites with different polymer types in polymer/organoclay system. Journal of Composite Materials, 49(21), 2579-2587.
- Zahedi, A. R., & Rafizadeh, M. (2017). Fuzzy Optimization Approach for the Synthesis of Polyesters and Their Nanocomposites in In-Situ Polycondensation Reactors. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 56(39), 11245-11256.
Some Research/Industrial Activities
- Zahedi A R, "Production of Nanocomposites Sheets of High Density Polyethylene-Clay resistant to Fuel Permeation with Good Mechanical Properties", Petrochemical Research & Technology Company, 2009.
- Production of Iranian Polymer Membrane Fuel Cell, 2019
- Design and construction of sponge ball cleaning system for thermal power plants, 2018
- Production of sponge balls for on trough-thermal power plants, 2017
- Design and manufacturing of low-cost biodiesel/bioethanol production system using triple combined solar/hydro/biofuel combustion engine, 2017
- Design and construction of wind-electrolyzer/fuel cell hybrid system, 2017
- Design and manufacture of industrial hydrogen membrane electrolyzers using triple renewable hydro/solar/biomass resources, 2017